Monday, March 4, 2013

Music Monday [Life, ob-la-de ob-la-da]


Oh Monday is upon us again, back to the grind.  I feel like Garfield today...I Hate Mondays!  I don't hate every Monday.  I just don't feel like starting this Monday...probably because I've been sick.

Which brings me to this week's Music Monday theme, music that tells a story of your life. This can be a single all encompassing piece of music, or can be several pieces put together, each that are about part of who you are.

This was a hard theme for me.

The first song that came to mind isn't necessarily about MY life but life in general, The Beatles' song Life Goes On.  I love the upbeat sound so I looked up the lyrics online.  There were lots of comments on what the true meaning of the song was because in the last verse of the song, Paul McCartney made a slip and said "Desmond stays at home and does his pretty face", instead of Molly, and had Molly letting "the children lend a hand". Reportedly, this mistake was kept in because the other Beatles liked it but there are conspiracy theories out there.  I like it for the basic words and sound.

 
I also love this one to the same tune as Life Goes On.  It's by The Offspring and called My Friend's Got a Girlfriend.  It has nothing to do with my life.
 


Again, this song does not truly tell the story of my life but reminds me of it.  I'm Catholic and my husband sometimes loving refers to my family as The Brady Bunch because of my wholesome upbringing, whereas his was the opposite.  Billy Joel's Only the Good Die Young is one of my favorite songs.



What music moves you?  Can you think of one that describes your life?

For Music Mondays, I’m teaming up with my good friend and fellow Marathon Mama, Denise. Please stop by and check out Denise's Music Monday.



Visit Xmas Dolly for more Music Monday.




Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. I saw Billy Joel when I was a kid, in the 70's. Good concert. Everything in the 1970's is kind of vague, for obvious reasons, but I've always remembered his "sign off." For some reason, right before leaving he said "Always remember: Don't take any S*&t from anybody!"

    I didn't even know it was Music Monday, but I've been listening to Belle and Sebastian all morning:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx3H-fl69gU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Billy Joel! I listened to your link. I've never heard of Belle & Sebastian, although my first thought went to Disney songs but I knew you weren't listening to that! LOL

      Delete
  2. Great choices! I really loved hearing that Beatles song again. It has been so long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choices! Billy Joel is a favorite of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a really hard theme! I feel like there are way too many good songs out there that I relate to and believe pertain to my life. Love The Offspring song you included in this though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The 4M's is doing this theme next week and I know it will be challenging.
    Are you a week ahead of yourself? ;)

    ANyway, some interesting choices here. I thought I had heard all Beatles songs and this was one that I had not. Like the story.


    Have a great Monday!
    ~Naila Moon

    http://yaknowstuff.blogspot.com/2013/03/mondays-music-moves-memarch-4-2013.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm a week ahead. I didn't notice it until after I posted today. Oh well, next week will by my free week. :-)

      Delete
  6. First of all the theme this week is a "FREEBIE" so you did just fine with all these great songs!!! Way ta go my friend. Have a rockin' week & thanks for joinin' us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a great list girl!
    Thanks for sharing with us!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOOOOVE the first two; and never even noticed that The Offspring's "Why Don't You Get a Job" was set to The Beatles' "Obla Di Obla Da." Learn something new every day!

    I'm a bit late with my submission because I couldn't find the site from the last time I participated, but I'm going to bookmark it now so that I don't have trouble next week!

    Fantastic videos :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!