Monday, February 18, 2013

Presidents R-O-C-K



There's no school for us today because of Presidents' Day.  Instead of sitting in the house all day with my boys begging me to play video games, my boys and I are headed to Parksdale Farm for a taste of their "World Famous Strawberry Shortcake" and the shake that the Food Network called the "Best Drinkable Dessert".  I'm looking forward to buying some delicious Plant City strawberries.  The boys and I are very excited because we LOVE strawberries!  Look for a complete post on our Parksdale Farm trip soon.

In honor of Presidents' Day today, my music Monday songs feature the band The Presidents of the United States of America.

 
 
 
 
Did you recognize that last one from the Drew Carey Show?  Such a funny show!

What music moves you?

For Music Mondays, I’m teaming up with my good friend and fellow Marathon Mama, Denise. Please stop by and check out Denise's Music Monday.

 

 Visit Xmas Dolly for more Music Monday.



Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. I agree with Stacy, these were fun! Have a wonderful day,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of these songs! I am trapped in the world of electronic dance music! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, love your choices! lol Put a smile on this face for sure! Have a great week and hope to see you next time. Bring a friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasn't sure what to expect when I saw the title of your post. I kept thinking it was going to be Schoolhouse Rock. Loved the choices :)

    Nice seeing you and the boys today at Parkesdale Farms!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the Presidents of the USA! Lump makes think of when I was pregnant with Liam. I always sang that songs because I felt like such a Lump. I think I even blogged it. Yep. I totally did. lol

    http://deniseisrundmt.com/2010/06/07/musical-monday-lump/

    Do you know the lead signer writes children's songs under the pen name "Casper Babypants"? Fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there! I'm a new Music Monday-er on your site! Thanks for that trip down memory lane; I don't think I've listened to their music since the 90s, but I clearly remember how popular they were. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stuff!
    I have not heard the 1st one in forever.
    I too am a Drew Carey fan. Love all of his shows.
    ~Naila Moon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Honestly, I have never heard of this group before today and I was not a Drew Carey fan when he had his show. I do like Drew on The Price Is Right, though. I totally dig the theme you went with for President's Day for freebie week. That was great!

    It was fabulous to have you on the dance floor booging with everyone on Monday's Music Moves Me, my friend! See you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These were very interesting and my first time hearing these too!
    Thank you for sharing :)

    Aloha

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!