Monday, February 11, 2013

Music Monday [Love]


Valentine's Day is this week.  My husband and I don't make a big deal about it.  We usually don't go out on February 14 because restaurants are crazy busy and we'd have to get a sitter for our boys (usually on a school night)!  I know it's THE day of love but it's just a day like any other.  I'm a practical kind of girl.  I don't need flowers or expensive gifts.  I do need a card, preferably not purchased on the way home from work, and maybe some chocolate.  As a kid, my dad always got me a huge Mr. Goodbar for Valentine's Day.  YUM

This week's Music Moves Me theme is love songs with the added challenge of finding songs without love in the title.  Love songs are everywhere...just think of all the first dance, wedding songs.  So many songs out there are about love and the other half are about broken hearts.  Artists sing about what they know.

Here is one of my favorites.  It's an oldie but one that always makes me smile.  I love the simplicity.

 
 
I love this next one too.  I know all the words and actually sung this as a lullaby to one of my boys on a road trip when he couldn't get back to sleep.
 

 
 
My hubby and I love this song...it's our song!
 



For Music Mondays, I’m teaming up with my good friend and fellow Marathon Mama, Denise.

What music moves you?


Visit XmasDolly for more Music Monday.

What are your plans for Valentine's Day?

Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. The music that moves me is whatever my hubby puts on my iPhone. LOL. That's love, right?!

    We don't go out on V-day since having kids. Just too hard, especially with it being a work and school night. On Saturday we are "going out". Which means my parents are baby sitting, my husband and I are going to the gym TOGETHER and then we are doing take-out and streaming a movie at home. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not going to believe this! Allan just learned how to play this song. :-) He'll have to play it for you.

    Thanks for teaming up with me for Music Monday! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to add that he learned to play the Deathcab for Cutie song, not The Rose. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I'd love to hear it. Thanks for letting me team up!

      Delete
  4. You and your hubby sound just like me and my hubby! We don't make a big deal out of Valentine's Day (the hubby's stance is that it's just a commercialized Hallmark holiday). ;) But I do appreciate getting a card (and not one bought as an after thought or in a rush on the way home from work), and chocolate is always a welcome treat. :)

    LOVE all your choices - the Deathcab for Cutie song is new to me, but I LOVE it, and love that you would sing it as a lullaby! :) Have a great week! :)

    Gimmie That Girl, my Honey Bee, She’s Everything – Bless The Broken Road because these Little Moments Felt Good On My Lips

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm definitely like you in regards to Valentine's Day. Never was one to create a big fuss; I don't really need flowers and expensive gifts. Going on on V-day is CRAZY and darn near impossible at times. Honestly, I'd prefer just to stay in and do something like cook together or just have a movie marathon.

    Like I always tell the BF, the best gift he could ever give me is his time :)

    I must say these are all new songs to me! Although I do love Bette, I can't say I've heard that one before.

    LOVEly choices for today's theme! Have a musical and love filled week ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love your love song choices without the mention of "love" in the title for today's theme. My fave pick of your line up today goes without saying is Still the One. If you've been by my little niche then you'll see I featured this tune, too. lol

    Thanks for joining us on the virtual dance floor at Monday's Music Moves Me! Happy V'Day to you & your significant other!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good stuff honey! I will be sure to pick up the card before Thursday! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I Will Follow You Into the Dark is one of my favorite songs! I agree that a card with some nice word is the best gift anyone can give to someone they love. This year I don't have a Valentine but am making it a point to send a card to all of my family members.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi ya doin'? I'm your latest follower! Glad to meet you and even more glad you decided to join us. You have some new songs you introduced me too, but everyone knows yours & your hubby's song. Fabulous and thanks again for sharing and joining us. Have a musiclicious week and hope you join us next week too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nope, don't make a big deal out of it either here. Although, my hubby wishes I would. LOL

    You have some great tunes here. I have never heard the 2nd one before. The last one reminds me of CBS TV Station because they always played it as their jingle in the area I had lived.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm like you. Practical. It's just a regular day to me. Of course it would be nice to do something unusual, but it shouldn't be something fake to fit in.

    Thanks for sharing your tunes with us.

    Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!