Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Love My Abs [Challenge]

Show your abs you love them by working them a little more every day throughout the month of February for the Love My Abs Challenge.



What is this challenge all about?

It’s a challenge my friends Denise and Jenny organized to work our core, called #lovemyabs.

Basically, during the month of February, each participant attempts 100 daily ab exercises. Do all 100 reps at once or break it up throughout the day. It’s entirely up to you and what fits best into your lifestyle.

Then, each week slowly increase by adding another set of 20 reps. In other words, the first week you do 100 daily reps. Then week two, you attempt 120 daily reps. By week three, you go for 140 and by week four, you should be close to 160 reps.

The plan would look something like this:

Week 1: 2/1-2/7 = 100 reps

Week 2: 2/8-2/14 = 120 reps

Week 3: 2/15-2/21 = 140 reps

Week 4: 2/22- 2/28 = 160 reps

This is just a guideline. If you can do more reps, then go for it! If it’s too much, then try a set of 10 reps ten times throughout the day. Remember the important thing is to show your abs some daily love.

Also, this isn’t just about doing 100 crunches every day, although you could totally do that if you want. There are so many great ab exercises out there, so mix it up and have fun! You can also incorporate your daily plank work in the challenge to further strengthen your core!!

By the end of the challenge, you’ll have over 3000 ab exercises under your belt. Now, you gotta love that! 

Today I did 20 crunches, 10 reverse crunches, 10 side taps, 20 bicycles, 10 double pressers, 10 side pikes, 10 weighted obliques, and 10 reach & tucks.

Join us on Facebook, follow me and other #lovemyabs participants on Twitter!

What's your favorite ab exercise?


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I do abs almost daily. :) I love working out abs. Today I did Lying Leg Raises and Hanging Leg Raises. I did 180 in all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great challenge, as a runner I do a lot of core work. My favorite is any form of plank :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great challenge! I know I need to work more on my core. It'll help my running, but I find that once I get my run in I just want to shower and relax. I really need to incorporate this more.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!