Friday, March 22, 2013

Avocado Egg Salad


I've been on an avocado kick lately.  I love Hass avocados!  I'm finding all types of dishes to add avocados too.  I'm also Catholic and this is Lent so that means no meat on Fridays until Easter.  This Avocado Egg Salad is a perfect, sandwich alternative.





Avocado Egg Salad


Ingredients:
  • 4 hard-boiled eggs, cubed
  • 2 Hass avocados, cubed
  • 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
  • 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
  • 1 teaspoon lime juice
  • ½ teaspoon paprika
  • Garlic powder to taste
  • Onion powder to taste
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Directions:
  1. Add avocados and lime juice to a medium bowl and mix.
  2. Add remaining ingredients to the bowl of avocados and gently stir until combined.
  3. Serve immediately or chill first.
Recipe by Chrissy @ Loving Life http://lovinglife27.blogspot.com/2013/03/avocado-egg-salad.html
Recipe adapted from never homemaker

ENJOY!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I love avocado. One of my favorite treats was sliced avocado on toast with some salt. LOL. I am a simple person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use mashed avocado in my tuna and chicken salad now but I haven't tried making egg salad with it yet. I was never a huge fan of egg salad but maybe with avocado I'll like it. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!