Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Bride of Frankenfooter 5K & Frankenfooter Half Marathon 2015




I've participated in the Frankenfooter 5k and half marathon for a couple of years now. The 5k was in the evening on Saturday, October 24 with the half marathon the next morning, October 25.  I was glad it didn't fall on Halloween weekend this year! For 2015, the Frankenfooter races benefited BAYS Florida with my cousin and fellow runner, Kelly, as race director.

It was a warm race weekend with temperatures in the mid 80s on Saturday evening for the 5K. I usually dress in costume for these races since it's so close to Halloween but just wasn't feeling it this year. I procrastinated and hadn't pulled anything together for a running costume. Instead I sported a cute RunningSkirt.

Frankenfooter

My 5k race time wasn't fantastic but it did get me 3rd place in my age group. Unfortunately, the race directors decide to award the top 3 male and top 3 female runners for a huge age group of 26-49. I was 7/80 in the female age group of 26-49 year olds.

On to the next race in my challenge weekend!  Half Marathon!

The half marathon the next morning had slightly cooler temperatures in the low 70s at the start of the race but the sun rose quickly and so did the heat.  Again, no costume, just cute RunningSkirts

Frankenfooter

I felt good for the first part of the race and kept a nice pace.  Around mile 8, my calves started to cramp which was a new and annoying aliment for me as a runner. I did some quick calf stretches and continued on with my race to no avail. Around mile 9.5 was the next water stop where they had bottles of water instead of the usual small race cups.  I grabbed water, walked and drank the entire bottle.  Soon after, my calf cramps were gone! Hallelujah!

Frankenfooter

I finished the 13.1 miles as best I could.  No PR but a decent time considering the heat and calf cramps. I earned 3 awesome finisher medals for my races, one for each distance and a Living Dead Challenge medal for completing both races.

Bride of Frankenfooter 5K
Age Div: 3/20
Overall: 28/168
Pace: 8:55
Chip time: 27:37

Frankenfooter Half Marathon
Age Div: 9/21
Gender Div: 34/89
Overall: 48/127
Pace: 9:40
Chip time: 2:06:40

Living Dead Challenge (5K + Half)
Gender Div: 3/27
Overall: 12/42

Frankenfooter

1 comment:

Talk to me!