Monday, July 1, 2013

Music Monday [Funny Songs]



Time for Music Monday again!  I was surprised this week's theme didn't have something to do with the Fourth of July since it's Thursday.  Instead this week's theme is funny songs.

When I saw funny songs as our theme today, They Might Be Giants was the first group that came to mind.  I've always like them and their wacky songs.

Here's They Might Be Giants with Istanbul (Not Constantinople).



I discovered and started to love Weezer in the 90s when I was in college.  Here's Beverly Hills by Weezer.



I've always like this song and thought it was funny.  The video is great with older people in younger roles!  Girls & Boys by Good Charlotte




For Music Mondays, I’m teaming up with my good friend and fellow Marathon Mama, Denise. Please stop by and check out Denise's Music Monday.

Visit Xmas Dolly for more Music Monday.

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. All new-to-me funny tunes. Thanks for the musical education! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks. I especially liked seeing the old people rock.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/2013/07/musical-monday-if-i-had-1000000.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. All new to me, but love them all! :) Thanks for sharing - have a great weekend and Happy 4th of July! :)

    I’m Gonna Miss Her Like My Dog on Some Beach in Minecraft let’s Party In The U.S.A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. New here too, but what a hoot. That first one was too cute.. puttin on the ritz tune, right? Funny! I can't believe Hefner was a part of a video??? He must be gettin' a cut! hahahaha That last one with the ol' dudes and dudettes is definitely a hoot! Thanks for sharin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hefner in a video...I agree with Dolly, he must have been getting some cash to appear and let them do the video at his crib. lol

    I loved the last one. Made me smile.
    ~Naila Moon

    http://yaknowstuff.blogspot.com/2013/07/mondays-musicjuly-1st.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes the brain doesn't extend that far at all. I think the meme theme was picked a week or so before, but I agree, it should have been July 4th's celebration songs.

    Thanks for sharing these funnies with us!

    Have a fun week :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!