Thursday, May 23, 2013

Fun with Stand Up Paddle Boarding


My family and I had a fantastic opportunity to try stand up paddle boarding (SUP) with Manatee Paddle.  Manatee Paddle is located right on Crystal River with beautiful, clear waters.  They offer paddle board lessons, tours, rentals, and fitness classes. We were so excited for this family adventure!  My boys love the water.

My husband and I each had one of our boys on the board with us because I wasn't sure either of them could paddle their own board the entire tour.  AND I got to use my new waterproof camera for some cool shots!









 


Here is my oldest son doing some of the paddling for us.  It was a nice rest for me on a gorgeous day.

We really enjoyed ourselves and had a great time.  SUP has become a fitness phenomenon.  SUP gives you an amazing core workout but you'll feel it in your legs and butt too because of the balancing act required to stay on the board.  We'll definitely be doing this again!

Manatee Paddle officially opens on June 1st.  They are located at 544 N Citrus Avenue, Crystal River, FL, 34428.

Do you SUP?


Disclaimer: My family and I were given a free SUP tour in return for my honest review. All opinions are my own.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I tried it last year while on vacation at AMI. It was so much fun. I'll definitively be doing it again this summer. It felt very much like running, when you are by yourself and can enjoy the quiet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures.. I love your family bonding..



    Paddle Boarding

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!