Sunday, September 8, 2013

Lutz Independence Day 5K Recap 2013


This summer was my second time running the Lutz Independence Day 5K.  It's beyond hot by 8:00am in Florida during July.  But this is a great local race that my entire family ran this year.  After the Rap River run with Dylan, he knew I wasn't running with him on the 4th of July and Jared had a twisted ankle from summer camp.  Good thing they had some friends to run with because I wanted to actually run this race!

Lutz Independence Day 5K
Allana, Matt, Jared & Dylan

We had quite a few Suncoast Striders out for the race.

Lutz Independence Day 5K

Lutz Independence Day 5K

Lutz Independence Day 5K


It was a hot race and I passed people throwing up on the side of the road.  Not a nice visual...ever!  Residents usually have sprinklers on to cool us as we run by but they weren't out this year.  But we all made it through anyway!  My hubby decided to run with Dylan and even gave him a piggy back ride at one point.  Jared ran with his friends Allana and Matt as the three of them took it easy.


Lutz Independence Day 5K

Lutz Independence Day 5K

We had a great time in our red, white and blue!  Everyone finished and no one from our family puked!  Win Win

Chrissy's stats
Finish time: 27:57
Age place: 17/50
Overall place: 232/575
Ave pace: 9:03
    
Finish times
Michael 35:19
Dylan 35:18
Jared 45:21

This was my 11 race for 13 in 2013.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!