Sunday, September 8, 2013

Coteeman Sprint Tri Recap 2013


The Coteeman Sprint Tri is a small, local race with a lovely, safe pool swim.  No creatures from the black lagoon lurking beneath my feet.  No need to freak out because of the swamp water smell or murky waters all around me.  I grew up swimming and playing in Florida lakes but the one tri I did with a lake swim, freaked me out!  Anyway...back to the clear, non scary waters of a pool.

This was my second time participating in the Coteeman Sprint Tri.  I must admit that I didn't train as much as I should have.  I was running, biking and swimming as my usual exercise, but I didn't put them together and do any bricks.  It was a pool swim so I knew I'd survive.


We even bought fancy sTRIders tri suits!

 
 
The short pool swim was great.  I was in and out and on to transition 1.  I know I need to work on speeding up my transitions times.  I'm too particular to get in and out of transition quickly.  I actually left grass on my feet this year instead of wiping it all off before I put my socks on my feet.
 
I was off on the bike portion.  For this course, we had to bike two loops before finishing the bike miles.  On the first loop I caught up to my hubby Mike.  That wasn't a good sign because he started his swim before me and is faster on the bike.  He was sick and having a hard time breathing.  He decided to take a DNF (did not finish) after the first bike loop.  I was sad for him but kept on pedaling.  After my two loops, I biked back to transition.
 
I felt like I had a million accessories switching from the bike to run.  I had to remove my helmet and bike shoes and put on my Garmin, hat, sunglasses, race belt and running shoes.  With that done, I was ready for the final run part of the tri.  I finished faster than last year but not quite as fast as a normal 5K.


 
 
I beat all of my times from last year.  I won 3rd place for my age group this year!  Woot! Woot!  Last year, I won first place for my age group but had a slower time by 3 minutes.  My boys were confused by that.  I explained that there was steeper competition this year.  


The sTRIders cleaned up this year with members taking first place over all for male and female.

Overall time - 1:07:30
Swim - 3:50
Transition 1 - 2:48
Bike - 29:34
Transition 2 - 1:49
Run - 29:32

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. You did great out there! I need to watch out next year because you'll be in my age group. Uh oh! lol ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!