Friday, May 1, 2015

Strawberry Classic 10K Recap 2015


This was the first year I ran the Strawberry Classic 10K on March 21 in Temple Terrace.  I heard horror stories about the hills throughout the Temple Terrace area (it's very flat where I run). But I also heard about the delicious containers of strawberries the race hands out. 

This was my third race in March and I had been feeling a bit off and very tired.  I wasn't racing to break any records and just wanted to enjoy the run.  I almost always had a race goal and for this 10K race, it was to finish under an hour. 

The Strawberry Classic 10K started at 8:00am with temperatures in the low 70s.  At the race start, I predicted a hot and hilly race.  The course took us through the shaded streets of Temple Terrace.  When the course split for the 10K and 15K, I was thankful I only signed up for the 10K.  There were lots of hills and it was in fact very hot.  I pushed through the inclines and coasted down the declines.  The course streets were winding and seemed never-ending.

One last turn and I saw the finish line.  Of course it was at the top of an incline!  My running friends cheered me on from the sidelines and I finished with a clock time of 1:00:01.  I was tired and glad to be done!

Turns out, I won first place in my age group with a chip time of 59:57!!  I gathered my trophy and yummy strawberries with a smile on my face.  This was my first time placing 1st in my age group.

Age Place: 1/9
Gender Place: 10/68
Overall Place: 30/118
Avg Pace: 9:39
Chip time: 59:57

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!