Friday, January 17, 2014

Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup


We've had some cold days down here in Florida.  I know not as cold as the rest of northern US, but cold for FL.  Remember, it's all relative.  When I can't wear flip-flops to the grocery store, it's cold.

I felt like soup one day and whipped up this homemade chicken noodle soup recipe using what I had on hand and my crockpot (slow cooker).  It came out really tasty!  Even my very picky boys ate this soup.  Win, Win!





Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup


Ingredients:
  • 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 32 oz box chicken broth
  • 10 carrots cubed
  • 10 celery stalks cubed
  • 2 sweet potatoes cubed
  • 1 can cream of celery soup
  • 1 Tbsp each basil, parsley
  • 1 tsp each garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, rosemary
  • salt/pepper to taste
  • 1 cup dry elbow noodles

Directions:
  1. Combine cream of celery soup, a can of water, carrots, celery, sweet potatoes, all spices/seasonings in a slow cooker on high.
  2. Add chicken broth and chicken to a pot on the stove and boil chicken until cooked, about 15-20 minutes.
  3. When chicken is cooked, remove it from the broth and chop into small pieces.  Add chicken to the slow cooker.
  4. Add the chicken broth to the slow cooker using a mesh strainer to remove any fat from the broth.
  5. Leave the slow cooker on high for 4 hours
  6. Cook the noodles according to the package directions, drain, and add to the slow cooker when ready to eat the soup.




What is your favorite soup?

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Mmmm! Looks delish. I will be trying this. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great recipe. I'm pinning it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect for this cold weather! I'm a big fan of vegetable soup. Made one last night but jazzed it up with garlic, ginger & jalapenos

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!