Saturday, April 27, 2013

Keel & Curley Winery


My husband and I were thrilled to be invited to Keel & Curley Winery for a winery tour and tasting.  We both enjoy wine and it sounded like a perfect date night.

"Keel and Curley Winery was started in spring of 2003 in the kitchen of founder and owner, Joe Keel. Keel, a central Florida blueberry farmer wanted to find something to do with his end of crop blueberries.  Keel decided blueberry wine would be interesting to dabble with in the family farm house kitchen."

Our tour started off on an open air bus pulled by a tractor through the blueberry fields to the winery.

Photo by Denise Taylor




Our tour guide Sam explained the wine making process for their blueberry wine.  I admit that I didn't know blueberry wine was made entirely from blueberries with no grapes added.  Sam explained the processes of fermentation, clarification, filtering, and bottling.  Each step in the wine making process happens at the Keel & Curley Winery site.






After our winery tour, we headed over to the tasting area and gift shop.

 
 
 

For our tasting, we sat outside of the gift shop on the patio area where live music was playing.  I purchased food from a local food truck park near the patio area.  Let the wine begin!






We had a fantastic time at Keel & Curley Winery!

Check out their Blueberry Festival this weekend, April 27-28.

  • Free Admission
  • Free Entertainment
  • Free Kids Area
  • U-Pick Blueberries
  • Live Entertainment
  • Over 100 Food and Craft Vendors


  • Disclaimer: I was given a tour of the winery and wine tasting in exchange for my review.  All opinions are my own.


    Photobucket

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Talk to me!