Friday, April 5, 2013

Foodie Friday [Roasted Asparagus]


I've recently found that I like asparagus.  I never had it growing up because my mom didn't like the taste.  Fortunately, my husband has always liked asparagus and even my kids tolerate it enough to eat a stalk.  Here's our favorite way to make asparagus.





Roasted Asparagus

PRINT
Ingredients:
  • 1 lb asparagus (washed and trimmed)
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Parmesan cheese
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400○
  2. Place asparagus in a large pan lined up so they aren’t overlapping
  3. Drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice, and season with salt & pepper
  4. Sprinkle cheese over asparagus
  5. Cook for 15 minutes
Recipe by Chrissy @ Loving Life http://lovinglife27.blogspot.com/2013/03/roasted-asparagus.html



Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. yummy. I've done this with slivered garlic, olive oil & sea salt but not tired your combo yet. My neighbor has a recipe similar to yours that I have yet to try. She also adds a drizzle or sriracha sauce and maple syrup (she says it sounds weird but tasted good)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does sound like a delicious recipe! I don't cook asparagus often, my mom didn't like it growing up either so I'm not very used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds very yummy! I need to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I l.o.v.e asparagus. I always make it on the stove top with lots of garlic, but have never tried roasting it in the oven. I know that I like it cooked on the stovetop much better than grilling it because cooking it on the grill dries it out and makes it taste burnt almost. Thanks for this recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!