Friday, August 7, 2009

Green Day


So many great bands are coming to our area this year. Mike and I just went to the Green Day concert. It was our first in awhile but we’re going to two more concerts before the year is over.


For Green Day we bought the cheap seats on the third level. I guess the show didn’t sell that well because the entire third level was closed. They moved us all to the 2nd level. Score!!


Green Day put on a great show…more specifically; Billie Joe Armstrong is a stage show rock star. BJA bounced all over the stage with the energy of a child on a sugar rush. He blasted the crowd with a super soaker water gun, customized blower that unraveled toilet paper and a t-shirt launcher. My 5 year old loves Green Day and very much wanted to see the show with us. He would have been right at home with all the other kids at the concert. BJA pulled 4 young kids on stage and plenty of YAs. Three fans got to sing Longview. One lucky guy got to play Jesus of Suburbia on guitar and perform a stage dive. I bet those were dreams come true.

Here are my youngsters putting on their own concert.

Ok, so they need some work and real instruments but they have fun trying!

2 comments:

  1. SO CUE. I love how Dylan keeps looking back at the TV and J is really getting into the guitar!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!