Monday, June 23, 2014

Music Monday [Count On Me]



I'm back for Music Monday!

The song I chose this week has been on my mind the past month.  Each year, the 5th grade graduating class at my boys' elementary school selects their class song.  Having subbed 5th grade a couple of times at the end of May before school let out, I talked with them about this year's class song and songs from past years.

Honestly, I didn't like the song the kids picked this year because it had rap sections which made it hard for the kids to sing along to.

I fondly remembered the class song when Jared graduated from 5th grade two years ago.  All of Jared's classmates sang their song, Count On Me, on the bus to their 5th grade fieldtrip.  Knowing it was their class song, with all of them singing together just for the joy of singing, brought tears to my eyes.

Now Bruno Mars's song is in a Hyundai commercial so I've heard it more often lately.

I think this was the perfect song for graduating 5th graders that were moving on to different middle school.

Count On Me by Bruno Mars




1 comment:

  1. That is great song for graduating students. I remember when I taught 5th grade and all the time we spent rehearsing the graduation song. My favorite was Vitamin C's "Graduation". Can you believe all those students are all graduating college now?

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!