Thursday, November 14, 2013

Bride of Frankenfooter 5K Recap

This was my second year running the Bride of Frankenfooter 5K.  Last year this race was in Starkey Park which was perfect for me because I run there most weekends and know the area well.  I was disappointed when this year's races were moved to Gill Dawg Marina in Port Richey.  Then I ran the course and loved it!  For the 5K, we ran along a portion of water on an out and back course that allowed us to pass other runners and get a nice look at all the costumes.

I dressed as Supergirl, cape included!

Photo by Denise

I loved all of the costumes at this race!

Here's our group with tough-guy faces.  Although my snarl looked more like a smile.

Photo by Christina

Photo by David
 
Photo by Denise
 
Stormtroopers at the finish line!!

Bob won best costume!

Yes, I'm holding Frankenstein's hand

I got a PR at last year's race and hoped to PR again.  The weather was cooler but a PR wasn't in the cards for me.  I've been more focused on marathon training than speed training (and I slacked on my shorter runs during the week).  I still had a great time and enjoyed the race!

Overall place: 76/252
Female place: 31/163
Age Division place: 4/27
Average pace: 9:12/M
Gun time: 28:30.1
Chip time: 28:27.2

This is race #15 for 13 in 2013.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. You saved up all that speed for the next day. :-) Such a fun race!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!