Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Strawberry Classic 10K 2017



This is a fun but hilly little race in Temple Terrace, Florida. I've raced this one a couple of times choosing the 10K distance. I love the quarts of fresh strawberries that racers get to take home. This race is also directed by a Strider. This year the race took place on March 25, 2017.

I really didn't have any expectations going into this race because the hills are killers and not included in my training. I had just PRed at Best Damn Race the month before so I was ok with just finishing.

It was a cool 55° on race morning. I enjoy meeting up with my fellow Suncoast Striders for pictures and pre-race camaraderie. 

Strawberry Classic

Strawberry Classic

I caught up with fellow Strider David with about a mile and a half left to go. The hills were as awful as I remembered and I was loosing steam. He gave me the final push to get up the last hill to the finish line. The finish line is actually at the top of an incline. I hate hills!

Strawberry Classic
David and I running to the finish

Strawberry Classic
Strider ladies got it done!

Strawberry Classic
Of course I need a strawberry head picture!

I managed to pull off a new PR of 54:01. Now to get under 54. haha!

Age place: 4/20
Gender place: 28/148
Overall: 80/249
Avg pace: 8:42
Chip time: 54:01

Strawberry Classic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!