Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Robbie's Run 2017






Robbie's Run is a great little 5K to benefit Word of Life Youth Camp scholarship fund and directed by a fellow Strider. This was my third year running Robbie's Run. I was able to talk Jared into running the 5K this year! I love when my boys come to run with me. Jared may have been swayed by the all you can eat pancake breakfast after the race.


April 1, 2017 was a cool morning by Florida standards at 57°. Perfect temperature for a 5K!

Jared was working out with his wrestling team but not really running. I knew he could beat me because he's young and fast. He teased our friend Jackie about wanting to beat her even though he wasn't a runner and she runs weekly. The competition was on!

Robbie's Run

The Robbie's Run 5K course took us out and back through the Word of Life grounds.

Robbie's Run

Robbie's Run

Robbie's Run
Me, Jackie and TaraV

I won 3rd place in my age group!! This was the only age category where Striders took home 1st, 2nd and 3rd place wins. Jackie took 2nd place and was victorious over Jared. He tried his best and really pushed himself towards the end. Maybe next year.

Age place: 3/21
Gender place: 21/163
Overall place: 63/294
Avg pace: 8:16
Chip time: 25:41



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!