Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Best Damn Race 10K 2018



One of my favorite local races is the Best Damn Race Safety Harbor 10K. It was held on February 4, 2018 this year. Don't be fooled into thinking Florida is flat. I never knew the hills of Safety Harbor existed until I started running the Best Damn Race. Have I mentioned that I hate hills.

On race morning it was about 55° and windy. The 10K distance of 6.2 miles was perfect since I was still training for the Donna Marathon.

My plan was an easy pace run with no PR in sight. You've probably heard that from me before but this time I was serious. My IT band was still bothering me causing pain on the outside of my left knee. My marathon was the following weekend and I didn't want to run in pain.

Best Damn Race

Best Damn Race

It was so nice to just run and not worry about pace. I even made myself slow down when I realized my pace was too fast for an "easy" run. The next 2 pictures are the final .10 of the race to the finish line. My fellow Strider friends cheered me on and yelled for me to GO and finish strong. I told them this was a training run where I was taking it easy and NOT sprinting to the finish line.

Best Damn Race

Best Damn Race

Best Damn Race


I finished with a smile on my face, not a care in the world for my time and no pain. That's a win for me!

Best Damn Race


Age group: 42/158
Gender: 261/880
Overall: 485/1264
Avg pace: 9:57 min/mile
Chip time: 1:01:48

Best Damn Race

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!