Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Longhorn Steakhouse [Flavorful Under 500]


I had the opportunity to visit Longhorn Steakhouse for dinner with my fellow blogger and good friend Denise.  Longhorn has a fantastic menu including a dinner menu with meals under 500 calories.  In their Flavorful Under 500 section you get an entree, fresh vegetables or green beans and a salad for under 500 calories.  It's so nice to have healthy options when dining out.

We started out with delicious appetizers (not from the Flavorful Under 500 menu).

I really enjoyed the Wild West Shrimp.  It had a little bit of a spicy kick but not too spicy for me to enjoy...I'm a wimp when it comes to spicy food.

 

Chilled Shrimp Cocktail is always a winner in my book.  These large seasoned shrimp did not disappoint!

 

The Grilled White Cheddar Stuffed Mushrooms looked divine.  I can't comment on the flavor because I didn't taste this appetizer as I don't like mushrooms.



Spinach Dip!!  I could have eaten this all night!  Longhorn's Spinach Dip was so tasty.



Now on to the main course.  I ordered off of the Flavorful Under 500 menu...did you see all the appetizers I tried above.  A lower calorie but flavorful dinner was what I needed.  I ordered the Napa Grilled Chicken.  It was two small chicken breasts topped with artichoke hearts, roasted tomatoes and a white wine herb sauce (I omited the mushrooms).  It was fantastic!  The tender chicken melted in my mouth.  The artichoke hearts and roasted tomatoes were a perfect pairing.



I also tried Denise's Sierra Chicken which was two small grilled chicken breasts topped with tomato-basil salsa.  This was also excellent but my favorite was my Napa Grilled Chicken.



Another option on the Flavorful Under 500 menu is Longhorn Salmon served over rice.



Dessert....this is where any low calorie meal was ruined!  But oh how I loved it!!  I'm sure you've seen the saying "I eat to run".  I'm definitely the opposite, I run to eat.
This heavenly dessert is the Salted Caramel Cake.  It had creamy salted caramel mousse layered between moist vanilla cake and topped with rich salted caramel and vanilla buttercream.  Magnifique!



We also tasted the Longhorn Dessert Sampler consisting of the Mountain Top Cheesecake, Caramel Apple Goldrush and Chocolate Stampede.  All delectable desserts but my favorite was still the Salted Caramel Cake.  YUM!



I thoroughly enjoyed my night out at Longhorn Steakhouse sampling many amazing dishes.  It's nice to have healthy, flavorful, low calorie options when eating out.


*Disclaimer: Longhorn Steakhouse provided me with all of the food sampled in return for my honest review of the meal.  All opinions shared are my own.


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. You just made me very hungry! Those appetizers look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, now I'm hungry! Lol. That food looks delicious. I don't think I've ever been to Longhorn, I'm going to have to try it.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!